Monday, August 12, 2013

Playing the Field

I think this is one of the hardest things I came to terms with - talking to more than one guy at a time.

In the real world there is no way I would meet two guys, chat to them, then organise a date with each of them.

I'd be lucky to meet just one (but hey, that's why I'm here, right? The traditional ways weren't working).

The thing I've found with online dating is it's acceptable to do this. You can chat to more than one guy at a time (keep your options, open they say) and even go on dates with more than one suitor.

It kinda feels a little dishonest but guys have been doing this for ages, why should I feel guilty?

Because that's not who I am.

But I also realise I'm in the position where I'm looking for love online and I need to do what I have to to achieve this.

Don't worry, the dates were PG!

I wonder if this is what happens to people when they go online??? Do they start doing things they wouldn't normally?? I never would have thought I could go on dates with two people, in the same day, but that's what I've done.

As a friend pointed out, at least both the guys were fresh in my mind! It made it a lot clearer on the weekend which of the two I liked.

I have to admit, I did wake up the morning of the dates and feel very anxious. Think my conscience was back. I didn't feel good about it at all.

But, I still went through with it.

So my advice for anyone grappling with talking to more than one (online) guy at a time? Just don't do anything you would regret. True, you may not usually do this kind of thing, but if things start getting serious with one guy, make sure you put the other straight.

No use leading him on and wasting his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment