Saturday, May 30, 2015

All Dressed Up and Nowhere To Go

All dressed up and nowhere to go. Kind of.

I had a date planned for tonight and up until half an hour ago, we were meeting at 7pm and the guy was looking forward to meeting me.

Something changed because he text saying can we reschedule for Wednesday night? I said I had plans Wednesday, then he suggested Monday and then I was honest and said nothing personal, but I'd been cancelled on one too many times, I'm sure he had his reasons, but let's just leave things.

His reply? Okay, if you change your mind, let me know.

Obviously I didn't leave that good an impression on him for him to be so blase about me saying let's just forget it.

I am pissed off I've been cancelled on (again), but at the same time, I'm not. You remember that guy I recently wrote about who cancelled our second date to help his flatmate fix the fence? I was gutted when he cancelled because I was really looking forward to seeing him again.

But this guy, I wasn't even excited to meet him for the first time. I almost tried talking myself out of the date to start with, but a good friend convinced me to give it a go. And so I was.

I've also been trying hard not to let these small dating hiccups get to me as much as they did, but I don't think I'm having that much luck.

I wish someone could explain to me why it's so easy for guys to cancel on a girl? It's a first date. This is not a good example to set, especially when you haven't even met.

Is it a case of something else, or someone else, coming up and he got a better offer? I've always followed through with plans, I've rarely cancelled and my friends know they can rely on me.

How do I then try and weed through these online dating profiles to find one who WILL NOT CANCEL ON YOU?

I wouldn't have thought it too much to ask.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been thinking my dating stint (this time) is coming to an end. I am chatting to two other guys (I'm interested in one). Think I might see where that leads, then say bye bye to RSVP for now.

My heart's been in it, but I don't think the guys are all that interested anymore. I had a good run for awhile there.

Oh, and did I mention I'd gone to the hairdressers today and my hair looks great?!?!

All dressed up and nowhere to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment