Sunday, November 19, 2023

Introducing the magic of love

Welcome to my newly re-branded blog about the magic of love - how to find it again and cherish all that comes with it.

People often talk about dressing for the job you want, not the job you have.

I have this same philisophy about finding love again.

Let me give you a few examples. I live alone with my cat Millie and have a huge six-seater, heavy timber dining table (it takes two people to move).

My couch could comfortably sit six people (or eight uncomfortably!), my washing machine is 8.5kg and when I upgraded my fridge about four years ago I literally doubled the litre capacity (I jokingly call it my drinks fridge!).

And again, I live alone.

One might ask why I have such "big" items in my house.

I've always believed I wouldn't be single my entire life so when said things needed replacing, I decided I would get them big enough to fit the life I have always dreamed of having, yet has always been out of my grasp.

I even have beer in the fridge that I don't drink, but want it on hand on the occasion a guy is here and wants one.

I also have tea in my cupboard, yet don't drink the stuff.

I know some people sleep on one side of the bed, getting ready for when they have a partner and won't need to adapt to another in the bed.

I'm not at that level just yet - I love to lie smack bang in the middle.

I will often sit on my huge couch and wonder when I'll be snuggling on it again with a boyfriend watching a series together. But in the meantime, my cat will do just fine.

It's been a minute though.

I broke up with my ex more than five-and-a-half years ago and noone has come close since. Not because I'm holding a torch for him, quite the opposite. I haven't met anyone I've had good banter with, who's made me laugh, wanted to be silly with, watch scary movies with and go on long drives with.

It's these little things I miss most when I don't have a special someone.

It's all about the magic of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment