Sunday, November 26, 2023

Bunnings

Feeling single hits me at different times. Sure there's the obvious coming home to an empty house, doing the grocery shopping by yourself and of course the dreaded no plus one to a wedding.

But today I was in Bunnings and it hit me.

As I kept loading my trolley with pots, potting mix, soil and more pots it slowly dawned on me how much I was buying and how I really needed someone to help me get it all to the car.

I needed help navigating the trolley up the damn hill to the car, while making sure none of my pots fell off.

You see, I'd bought a few big pots and wondered how much they'd roll around in the boot as I didn't have anyone to put them between their legs.

After considering my options (could I leave the trolley and tail it out of there?!) I asked the lovely young gardening attendant if there was someone who could help me get my trolley to the car? Turns out other staff were too busy so he said he'd help me.

The strapping young guy effortlessly loaded my three bags of soil and potting mix, as well as a few pots into my boot and I thanked him profusely and went on my merry way.

As I was driving home I was thinking how nice it would be to be sitting next to my beau talking about how we'd put the Bunnings haul to use.

Instead, it was me. It's always me.

I had to do the heavy lifting when I got home, but I'm happy to say as I sit on the couch tonight I got three-quarters of my potting done this afternoon and I'm pretty bloody proud of myself. 

I am a strong, independent woman and there's not a lot that stops me in my tracks.

I look forward to a Bunnings visit when I not only share the heavy lifting, but also the other stuff that comes with being in a committed relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment