Thursday, March 7, 2024

Like the first time

As I stepped outside there was a thickness in the summer air that just felt like love.

I inhaled every single breath.

All of a sudden I had this overwhelming feeling about how nice it would be to be with a boyfriend experiencing this, at-times-balmy, Brisbane night together.

I was grateful to be out of the house with my friend, of course, don't get me wrong.

But with a significant other, it really hits different.

But it made me wonder about the possibilities I was finally feeling so many years after my boyfriend and I broke up.

I lost myself in the break-up and it's taken a really long time to feel anything again.

But I feel I'm there - ready to experience it all again - like the first time - but for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment